Friday, April 18, 2008

A wonderful discovery

Nathan has, for some weeks, been walking with a cane (that's great progress!)...but he walks with a limp because he can't lift his left foot. He can lift the leg but his foot hangs limp; the nerve in his left leg was damaged in the accident last October. The doctors have been telling us that that nerve might, over time, regenerate....but that it might never recover. Time will tell, they said; any recovery would take months.

Just day before yesterday, Nathan made a wonderful discovery. He found that he can now move his left foot from side to side. He can't yet lift it, but that lateral movement seems to suggest that he will eventually regain the ability to lift his foot, and to walk (or even run!) without a limp.

I couldn't put more fitting words in Nathan's mouth than the words of Psalm 103:

"Praise the Lord, I tell myself;
with my whole heart, I will praise His holy name.
Praise the Lord, I tell myself,
and never forget the good things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases.
He ransoms me from death
and surrounds me with love and tender mercies.
He fills my life with good things.
My youth is renewed like the eagle's!"

5 comments:

Sarah B said...

Praise the Lord!! That's awesome. Thanks for sharing the news. I'm sure the healing feels slow, but the occasional update is still appreciated.

The journey from mom to grandmother said...

And finally, I heard that my daughter saw Nathan at the Cove at UP and there was so much joy in her voice to have finally seen him face to face!

I am still reading and the school wherein I work continues to pray for Nathan's full recovery. What a journey...we are still here reading through cyberspace, praying for Nathan and all those involved in his recovery and the journey to a new beginning.

We love to read about the progress! As the French say, "Courage" Nathan...sometimes all we need is time...patience and courage. You, Nathan, have it those elements. Our deepest admiration...and hope and prayers.

Anonymous said...

It is so good to hear of the encouraging update about Nathan's lateral movement in his left foot. Thank you for posting the news and it reminds us to keep praying for full recovery. May God continue to provide all you need in this process.

The Friesens

Unknown said...

ANG SAYA!!!

Jaime

Kim Sison said...

Very encouraging naman talaga ang mga progress ni Nathan. The LORD YHWH, He is God, indeed!