Monday, December 17, 2007

"Alle eure Sorge werft auf ihn...

We are very grateful indeed to the many who continue to uphold us in prayer. Tomorrow we are attempting the most challenging logistical feat I personally have ever tried to coordinate: bringing our immediate family together for Christmas from three continents. I will drive from the Vienna area to Munich to meet up with our daughter who is flying in from Manila and our son and his girlfriend who are flying in from Portland. The three of them are supposed to meet up in Amsterdam before flying on to Munich. I have never laid eyes on Munich and speak no German. Our daughter has never before flown alone, and our son has never visited Europe. The possibility for error or confusion is unnerving. (I can now imagine how General Eisenhower felt the day before D-day!) Thank you for praying that chaos will be averted, and that it is a joyful Christmas reunion.

Please pray also, in line with the this season in which we honor the Prince of Peace, that His peace will reign in my heart these next 48 hours! I am reminded of the message of the bookmark that was given me at a Gospel concert that we attended just last night at a downtown Vienna church: "Alle eure Sorge werft auf ihn; denn er sorgt für euch."

I would have been clueless as to what it meant had it not included the reference: "1. Petrus 5,7." I recognized that! :) "Cast all your cares upon Him, because He cares for you." What an appropriate passage! I'm holding onto that bookmark, and its message!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

We are much encouraged with your sharing. Many of us at Chinese Bible Church have been praying every day for Nathan.

grace.felizardo said...

I wonder if you have met with them yet... I hope you have

May you have an even more blessed Christmas and the holidays.

The Felizardos

Unknown said...

We are wishing you all a blessed time as a family this Christmas! Maligayang Pasko mula sa mga FLORES!

Anonymous said...

Wishing your family a wonderful, Christ centered Christmas. We have been praying for you ever since we heard about Nathan's accident.

tine and Jan Hardeman
Faith Academy

Anonymous said...

Hi,
im really amazed how God provides for u.Im sure you had a great reunion last Christmas eve.

We are fervently praying.

ador and carmen